How to find out more about what your local Wheelchair service has to offer.
The NHS Choices website gives a comprehensive introduction to the NHS Wheelchair service. Find out more here.
If you are looking for a wheelchair for yourself or a member of your family you will need to contact your local wheelchair service . See our Directory of Services.
Download our Guide to the NHS Wheelchair Service.
If however you can not find the details in the directory or you do not know where this service is based you should be able to find out from one of the following methods.
1) Contact the patient’s GP Surgery
2) Contact one of the following
- Your local PALS (Patient Advise and Liaison Service)
Your local GP surgery will have contact details for PALS
- The patient’s Occupational Therapist (OT)
- The patient’s Physiotherapist
- Your Local Social Services.
Please follow the same instructions above and contact the wheelchair service who issued the equipment. Your local wheelchair service will have an approved wheelchair repairer.